Criteria for Assessment Coordination
Should Follow the following parameters for Assessment Coordination
- Should be an Industry/Employers’ Association or any organisation having expertise in assessment of competencies. Organizations having experience in testing of competencies would be preferred.
- Should not be a training provider under the scheme.
- Should have branches or operations at state/regional/all India level.
- Should be an Income Tax assessee
- Should have experts of repute and integrity in different industrial trades and technology.
- Should have accreditated by Quality Council of India. Such registered Assessing Bodies will have to get the ISO 17024 Certificate within one year of registration failing which they will automatically be de-registered.
- Apex Committee can review and revise the criteria.
Terms & Conditions for Assessment Coordination
Coordinators should abide by the following terms and conditions:
- Coordinators shall conduct testing in respect of States and Sectors allotted by Directorate General of Employment and Training (DGE&T) under Skill Development Initiative Scheme. The testing shall be done only for MES courses under the sectors approved by the National Council for Vocational Training.
- Coordinatorss shall apply for accreditation to Quality Council of India (QCI) by November 2010 failing which the ABs will be deemed to be de-registered from the list. Thereafter, ABs shall get themselves accredited from QCI by May, 2011 failing which ABs will be deemed to be de-registered. The ABs shall get ISO 17024 accreditation within a year from the date of accreditation from QCI.
- Coordinators will not engage any franchises for undertaking assessment on their behalf. Coordinators shall have office/infrastructure within the State/UT they have been permitted to conduct the assessment
- Coordinators shall form a panel of assessors of high repute and integrity, State wise and MES sector wise and forward their name, address, qualifications, experience, contact nos., photographs to the DGE&T. Coordinators shall upload the list of assessors with their addresses and phone nos. on the websites. These assessors shall be trained and certified by QCI after which they will be registered with DGE&T who will issue them identity cards with unique Id (Sector wise/State wise). The assessment can be carried out only by these authorized Assessors.
- Coordinators shall send their Assessors for training when conducted by DGE&T.
- Coordinators should conduct assessment only at the training centres of VTP or designated testing centres pre inspected by competent authorities.
- Normally testing will be done at the training centre of concerned VTP. However, if the Coordinators plans to carry out testing at their places, it shall draw a list of testing centres and such list will be sent to concerned RDAT and State Director for record. Testing shall be conducted at the authorised training centre or authorised testing centre only.
- Assessment Batch size shall not be more than the prescribed i.e. 20 in case of Manufacturing and 30 in case of services, agriculture and allied sectors.
- Assessment Batch Number (ABN) will be issued by RDATs.
- Coordinators shall reimburse to the TC expenses, at rate of 10%, towards conduct of assessment.
- Coordinators shall not enter into any agreement with any other organization for similar work without obtaining prior permission of DGE&T.
- Coordinators shall maintain full and complete record pertaining to candidates registered, tested, passed, fee charged, testing centres, assessors, assessment fee etc. and shall preserve all the records for at least five years to make it available to the authorised representatives of DGE&T/RDAT at any time.
- Coordinators shall open a separate bank account for MES scheme and all receipts & payments in this regard shall be made in this account only.
- Coordinators shall not charge more assessment fee than prescribed by the DGET. DGE&T reserves the right to review and revise the assessment fee as and when required.
- RDAT shall maintain a roster of ABs sector-wise and state-wise and assign them to VTPs in order of conclusion of their training programmes, so that the same Coordinators does not assess the same VTP again and again.
- RDATs will closely monitor the assessment carried out by the ABs and also provide necessary guidance to the ABs for maintaining proper documentation of record in this regard.